Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Sympathy For Me

Well not really, but I just rented a movie from Blockbuster.com where you can get your movies delivered to your door and send them back at no cost for shipping. That part's really cool. I ordered 3 movies. So far I've only watched one.

If you really like music documentaries like I do you'll see why I chose the one I just watched. It's an obscure documentary about the Rolling Stones 'Sympathy For The Devil'. On that level it's REALLY cool. Lots and lots of behind the scenes footage of the Stones in the recording studio developing one of my all time favorite songs. That's why I ordered the movie.

The downside is it's really a political documentary in disguise. The director chose the music format of the Rolling Stones to dig into his views of the 60's political and sociological atmosphere. Now that too is interesting and I might have liked a movie like that just fine. The problem for me is this movie, named after the song: 'Sympathy For The Devil' is like watching two seperate movies cut and spliced together in random order flashing back and forth between the two in a sort of disjointed conglomeration.

I still enjoyed watching it, but I was rather put off by the method chosen to present the two ideas.

If you ever get the chance to pick it up and watch, let me know if you agree.

2 comments:

Kat said...

I'll see if Netflix carries it. I love the Stones so it might be interesting.


Kat

Tami P said...

Be sure to let me know what you think if you find it. The parts with the Stones in it was excellent. At least for me. There weren't any interviews with them, or even them talking to the camera like stuff. It was just watching them do their thing in the studio, but I LOVE that type of thing. The poli-doc was cheesy though. At first I thought the director was just trying to put the song into the context of it's generation and time, but it quickly became apparent that the song was just a backdrop to get his views aired in a way they probably wouldn't otherwise.