Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

I Knew It

An article on Yahoo this morning says that coffee makes you smarter! The caffene in coffee boosts your brain cells, now I have an excuse. Hey it's a painkiller too. It's the new wonder drug!

You have to love it though, science says one thing, then a few years later says another. I remember when eggs and butter were bad, then it was eggs are actually good for you, and margerine is the real baddie in the cholesterol wars and butter is a good thing. They really can't make up their minds. Sometimes I wonder how much of it depends on the individual mind of the scientist doing the studies. I mean where their allegences lie. Sort of like (yeah, I'm gonna say it) the Bible. Just about anyone can 'make it say' anything they want. I remember my father being particularly good at picking out a certain passage out of content and making it fit whatever situation he wanted it to help him out in.

That's sort of like science. If they want it to be good, they can find a way to make it good. If they want it to be bad, they can make it look that way too.

I hope they like caffene for awhile though. It will make the last half of my life very plesant indeed.

No comments: