Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Diet Mentality

This is a quote from the 'Spark People' website that I hope they don't mind me sharing. It's from one of their fantastic weight loss articles. The entire site is amazing and anyone looking to live healthier, and/or lose weight should check it out! IT'S FREE and it's marvelous. Look for http://www.sparkpeople.com today and see what a great benefit it can be to you. (No this isn't a paid ad, I LOVE the Spark People website)

Anyway, here it is:

…you starve during the day and gorge during the evening.
You might think that eating as little as possible throughout the day will help you lose weight. Perhaps you skip breakfast altogether and only eat a small snack during the day. But if you don't fuel your body regularly throughout the day, you're more likely to binge in the evening—at dinner and into the late evening. Plus, without adequate nutrition all day, your metabolism will wane, and slow, making your energy levels low and weight loss even harder.

(I messed up with the formating here and couldn't change it, the quote ends here, below is not a quote it's my comment, lol.)

That was so 'me'. Since I've stopped doing that I've lost TWENTY FIVE pounds. Okay, okay, I've also added a lot of exercise and made sure what I ate was the RIGHT thing to eat, but I've done all that before with little luck until I realized thanks to them that I was looking at my 'diet' all wrong. Not eating enough, and often enough was a huge trap.

No comments: