Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What's In Your Cabinet?

What's in your cabinet? Kind of makes me think of that commercial 'what's in your wallet?' I haven't given much thought to our medicine cabinet lately, but having important first aide supplies on hand is necessary. It should be a necessity in every home. When my kids were younger it was never something I had to 'think about', we just had everything. I think people with kids are just like that. Kids are always scraping, falling, banging... so there is an ever constant need for the little necessities like band-aides, tape, gauze, peroxide, antibiotic cream etc. Those people without children, and those of us whose children are grown and gone sometimes have more trouble remembering to keep the medicine cabinet stocked with such little things though. We tend to be a little more careful about our bodies than the average four-year-old, lol.

The whole issue came to light for me the other night when I was doing dishes. More careful than a four-year-old or not I did something stupid, I was rinsing out the blender and rather than take it all apart just to use it again for a late night fruit blend I was just rinsing it and I decided to make sure nothing was under the blade, so I 'carefully' put the sponge in there. For my own record, I really thought I was being careful... jammed my finger right into the blade... so much for careful.

It really wasn't all that bad, but it needed a band-aide. Calling for hubby... need a band-aide. He came running with one band-aide and an empty box. This is it he said, hope it's enough. Well it was, but how do you get so low on something so ordinary? I just don't think about checking those things before I go to the store. A few weeks ago I needed some peroxide for a scratch I'd gotten outside... none.

Time to resupply that medicine cabinet. How about you? What's in your cabinet?

No comments: