Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Fixing The Old

My battered old sewing machine has been getting a bit of a workout lately since I've been loosing a few pounds. I wonder how many people anymore actually sew their own clothes, or even do simple alterations? It is such a throw-away society now that we tend to throw things out and go buy new ones if something doesn't fit anymore, or breaks. I like sewing. I'm not really good enough to make my own really complicated clothes but I've made quite a few pairs of pants, and simple shirts and tank tops. With a little time I could probably do some more elaborate work, but finding the time for it is difficult. Still it makes me feel good when I can fix a pair of pants, or a shirt rather than having to just toss it away, even if I can get a new one for a cheap price.

No comments: